In this video we look at a great groundwork technique for grappling and MMA that allows you to trap your opponent’s arm under their body and enables you to attack with ground & pound and guard passing.
Here are the key points
- Control your opponent’s wrist and lock it down by the side of your opponent
- Don’t try and reach under the body to grab the arm and don’t try to pass your opponent’s arm under the body…
- …instead use a stacking motion to raise your opponent’s hips up and then move their hips toward their trapped arm
- Keep their arm fixed in place while you move their hips and then pass their arm to your opposite hand
- Keep their arm trapped by driving your weight back down onto it so that you can remove their defences on that side
- Attack with strikes on the compromised side and look for the guard pass
This technique can be used for both MMA and BJJ or other grappling arts.